We’re looking for a passionate, curious and engaging writer to join the Stake Media team. Together, we’ll build a modern, engaging and informative voice for Stake through content publishing across multiple channels
As a Content Writer, you will create ideas for content and more, in written, audio and video form for our blog, social media and other channels. However, this is not just markets reporting - our customers are the new generation of investors. Savvy, curious but also culturally tuned in. We create content that brings the markets to life through this lens.
We’re in an exciting time of growth, especially when it comes to content and media, so your role will develop over time. However, core parts of the job will include:
- Working as part of the core Stake Media team to produce content that keeps our customers on the pulse of the markets but with the unique Stake spin.
- Work with the broader marketing team to help deliver on customer or community-focused campaigns.
- Developing stories for PR and even writing opinion pieces to be published in the likes of the SMH, AFR and more.
- Come up with creative insights and ideas to talk about the markets in a cool and cultural way. E.g. Deep diving into the world of Sneaker trading.
- You will help publish content that provides information and education to our audience, helping everyone progress on their level of sophistication in the markets.
- Be part of the growing media presence we have an appetite for including diversifying our channels into podcast, video and more.
A bit about you
- You have strong experience in writing about financial markets, personal finances, superannuation and more
- You have a good understanding of how to engage people through modern publishing channels like social media
- You are curious, stay up to date on news and can use this knowledge to inform new ideas for content
- You are hungry to find solutions to tough problems, constantly moving forward and doing whatever it takes to win
- You deliver with precision - we move quickly but accuracy and attention to detail are paramount
- You work best when you have a team around you, focused on achieving a goal together
- You enjoy the journey and love what you do. It will be a bit crazy at times, but you’ll keep things in perspective and find joy in the process alongside the team.
Benefits of working at Stake
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan that reflects Stake’s high-performance culture and recognises that employees aren’t only contributors to the business but are owners of Stake’s success
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best talent in the industry
- Annual discretionary performance bonus (cash or options)
- Playing a meaningful role in building a company that has loads of positive momentum and excitement around it
Stake is a digital brokerage offering seamless access to invest in shares. It is an exciting working environment where everyone is challenged to deliver high-quality execution. It’s collaborative and high energy. It’s a supportive environment where people are encouraged to take ownership and try things, even if they may fail. Our internal mantra is ‘never settle’ and we all share an ambition to do whatever it takes to grow this business forward. This is your opportunity to join a global brand rocketing forward and a team hungry to shake up a category.
Stake is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We aim at providing an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.